Sunday, June 15, 2014

Here in Arizona!

I made it to Arizona! 

My first plane ride was fun... At first. I became sick most of the flight, which
made for a quite interesting/painful afternoon with my aunt and uncle and cousins (they live and work at Naomi House). 

I saw my first cactus (did you know cactuses have bark in them?!)! We stopped by the side of the road and took pictures with it. 

There are grass farms in Arizona, and they sell the grass! It's crazy going from a place where grass is so common and 'free' to a place where you literally have to buy grass. 

I also saw several funny signs such as 'Table Mesa Road'. For those of you who don't know Spanish, Mesa is table in Spanish. So it's really 'Table Table Road'. :)


There is a Musical Instrument Museum. I was pretty excited to see it, but sadly will not have a chance to see it while I'm here. 

Tomorrow will be my first official day working here. We arrived late at night (12:30 Eastern time, 9:30 Arizona time). A church group that is spending the week here will be doing Vacation Bible School. I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
Talk to you soon, 
Ashley. 

1 comment:

  1. So far it sounds like a lot of fun! I love the photos too :). Table Table Road...haha, bet they sell tables down that road, jk. I'm glad to hear you arrived there safe and sound! I miss you already :P

    ReplyDelete