Tuesday, June 10, 2014

River Front


I spent my week-start (Sunday and Monday, it can't be a weekend!) with one of my best friends, Stephanie. Because she lives farther away and is now married, I don't get to see her often.  This trip was completely unexpected but very welcome.

We went to the river front that is near her house.  We took tons of pictures, saw a train that was around five minutes long, found my first four leaf clover, and
read the historic signs; it is truly amazing to know about the history of a town and memorabilia that has survived from those times.  One of these memorabilia is an old train track with a caboose on it.

Stephanie, Mike (her husband), and I played a lot of Mario Kart 8 (did you know you had to hold down the button to drift?!?).  Mike won almost every game, and I normally came in last.  There was one race that I was actually beating him on.  My controller died, so I pushed what I thought was the power button to the remote...turns out the power was to the console! Sadly, we never got to see who the winner was for that race.

My trip was so short, but I still had a ton of fun.  When I arrived home, my mom told me to go pack because we were going to St. Louis.  So much traveling! But it is all worth it to be with friends and family. :)


  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to come visit!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Stephanie told me about your blog-- I'm so excited to follow along! I'm excited to hear about your experience at the Naomi House!

    ReplyDelete